Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pris Penang Assam Laksa

.

I have a speacial mission to complete today, which is upon hubby's request!!
He keep complaining that it has been very long time that I never cook the assam laksa. Since he has requested for few times recently, okay, I sacrificed to ensure that he is happy!! :p

Soup Base 1: Lemon Grass, laksa leave, pineapple, assam pieces, chilli paste and the flower(haha... not sure what it call)


Soup Base 2: Shallot, lemon grass and pineapple to be blend and mix with the soup base one.

The soup base should let it cook and boil for roughly 1 hour and 30mins or until it is really fragrance. While waiting for the soup base to be ready, I started to steam the fishes. You can choose any kind of fish from Kembong, Sardine, Selar and etc.


Once the fishes is fully cooked, leave it cold. After that, remove the bone and smash the fish meat.



And put the fish meat in the soup, add some salt and sugar and let it boil for another 15 mins.

For the noodle I used to buy the dry noodles, alternatively, you still can get the ready make (fresh) from Jusco or wet market. If you are using the dry noodles, remeber to soak it in a water for at least 4 hours. Otherwise it may take a longer time to cook and become soft.



Everything is ready now and it is time to taste my home cook assam lasksa!!!

p/s: forgot to take the picture when the soup is ready, that why you can see that the soup is much lesser than the soup mark on the pot.








Hubby rated 9/10 this time, what a good encouragement to motivate me for my cooking har!
Worth my sweat and effort!! Thanks hubby, you are too kind yea!!!

5 comments

Anonymous said...

si kei mui got the pleasure to try or not??? **eyes rolling**

Carysse said...

the flower is called Bunga Kantan.. but i dunno eng call wat.. haha. so the step 2 u blend everything including the pineapple and just pour in the soup? will too sour? next time i must try this step2, never tried before.. =D

*Pr!$$y L@nD* said...

SK: sure got la.... just let me know when u wanna come, i will cook and wait for you!!

Carysse: yea..wont be too sour, i taste the soup first, if not enough only add some assam water.

Unknown said...

Look so yummy, when want to cook for me have a try?

*Pr!$$y L@nD* said...

LK, u are at PG can eat the laksa anytime whenever u feel like want to eat, still want my lousy assam laksa meh? hehe...

 

About Me

My photo
An ordinary girl, who likes delicious food, bling bling items and all the nice and beautiful things.